Baby Axolotls on death row!

dr34mr

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Phil
I was in a local pet shop today, and i saw a batch of axie eggs on a plant they had (maybe about 100).

When i asked about them i was shocked to find that they were just going to let them die. The egs were laid about a week ago. :eek:

I would have taken them home but i don't have the time or facilities. So if anyone is after some axie eggs, and lives in the Kellyville area send me a message and i'll tell you who to contact.

How sad, letting them all die...

Unfortunatly can't take them off your hands.
:(:(

It's probably more humane letting the parents eat the eggs moreso than letting them hatch and having them in a shop that doesnt want them/cant raise them.

When I first read about people allowing their axies to eat the eggs i thought ewwww , but when you think about it, it's a far better way, than to raise them when theyre unwanted. Usually resulting in cramped conditions, lack of correct/right amount of food and bad water conditions. Im not suggesting this is always the case, but if eggs arent wanted and the pet shop really couldnt care about them then allowing the eggs to be eaten seems the far better option in my opinion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back