Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Growth on Underbelly

ajbriggs

Reaction score
Hi people. A few months a go I posted on this site about a small growth (which looks like a ball of cells) on my axel's underbelly and I was told that the growth was a benign tumour as it hasnt grown or changed for the last 4 months. I have been saving to have it removed. However, this morning I noticed the growth is affecting less of the area but it protrudes more out of the belly.

Any help would be great will try and get some pictures.

Thanks

ajbriggs

Reaction score
1 of the older pics

Attachments

• DSC01022.jpg
    DSC01022.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 182

Darkmaverick

Site Contributor
Reaction score
The best way to determine if the growth is benign or malignant is through a biopsy and histopathological analysis. Based on external appearance, it does appear more likely to be benign although cancerous growths can be in a continuum and can shift from benign to malignant by behaving more invasively.

It doesn't appear to be a herniation, although with some growths, some vital organs, blood supply or nerves can be pinched or trapped. It is still best to have the growth surgically excised.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!