Question: I know it's asked alot but can someone tell me if it's a girl or boy!?!?

rebeccaann

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
MonsterMonkey
okay so i've had my axie for 3 or 4 months now and i refer to him as a boy! but i'm really not sure if it's a girl or a boy! i really want to know because i'm looking into creating my own axie babys :) once i get another one but i must know the sex of my current one so i pic the right sex when i purchase another! haha please help :)?:errr:

Attachments

• GLOM.jpg
    GLOM.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 355
  • hasg fjsfdtgljsdbg.jpg
    hasg fjsfdtgljsdbg.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 579
  • GLOM 013.jpg
    GLOM 013.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 406
Just behind it's back legs it should have two testicles if it is a male. Depends on sexual maturity and age etc.
Some better pictures would be helpful of that region.

yeah well i looked there is lumpage but like not mega lumpage! and it is unbelievabley hard to take pictures of something in a tank but i'll try and get some better ones now i'll post them shortly:(

i hope these help a little more i know the quility is shocking! sorry

Attachments

• GLOM 007.jpg
    GLOM 007.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 263
  • GLOM 005.jpg
    GLOM 005.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 217
  • glom 019.jpg
    glom 019.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 241
  • glom 021.jpg
    glom 021.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 235
  • GLOM 011.jpg
    GLOM 011.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 239
  • glom 017.jpg
    glom 017.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 246
Pictures make it tuff but it looks like a male. Nice looking axie. Good luck with him

yay thanks guys! haha well i guess thats good! no need for a change of name!!

the one he was origianly in (which alot of those pics are taken in) was a little to small for him i thought so i recently bought a new one :) which is 2 times or a bit more the size of the original :)

How can you tell if it's a female? There will be no lumpage I assume? Also, is there a particular way to get axolotls to breed?

Yeah, no bulges. As for breeding, their pretty easy to breed. Usually it'll be triggered by teperature changes and changes in the amount of light they recieve. In fact, their so easy to breed that alot of people try to prevent it. They'll keep males and females separate. There's an article somewhere on axolotl.org

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back