Black & White

General Finn

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings and Salutations Everyone. Not sure really how to start this out. I think I'll start out with the history.

I have two Oxolotl's. One black, on white(My white one has blue eyes). They are right around 6yrs old. They are 11 inches in length. I got them this big by having them spend their first two years in my 175 gallon tank(Now occupied by my lung fish). Once they reached full size I put them into one of my 55 gallon tanks where they have spent the last 4 years or so. They have one tank buddy, a Chinese algae eater, he doesn't mess with em and they haven't eaten him yet so no problems there, and I don't have to clean the tank quite as much.

They get fed beef heart stripped of all the fat and cut into strips and frozen in meal packets.(I'll take a picture to show you what I'm talking about another time.) I have a feeding stick that I use to feed them that I made myself out of a kite pole and a needle with the sharp point grinded off attached to the end. It works so great and it helps keep track of how much they eat as they won't eat it when they are full cutting down on waste and extra tank cleaning.

I do have other fish. A lung fish, a piranha and a nice little community tank.

Anyway this is going to be my little corner of Caudata to post my pics of my oxy's and get some feedback and to feed my ego a smidge as I am very proud of my animals. Anyway I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. I'll put up more pics as I take em.

And f.y.i. The white one is more photogenic than the black one so most pics will probably be of the white one.

~General Finn

Black one
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

White one
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And a cool silhoutte of the black one with the white one in the background
picture.php

Just felt like sharing this last one
picture.php

Till next time
~General Finn

What cute little axies! I especially like the picture where the white has his mouth open a little, and the silhouetted image as well. What are their names?

Nice work,
They look happy and healthy.

:D

Very nice axies,very cute with their grins.:happy: Their tank looks great from what I can tell.
Your last photo reminds me of Puget Sound.

Rikkoshaye--Thank you for the kind words. I never got around to naming them.
Elspeth--Thank you, I appreciate it.
Greg31--Thank you Greg, I will try my best.
nora--Yah their grins are my favorite part about em, they are always smiling. And it is the Puget Sound, good eye. I'll put up a picture of their tank in the next day or two.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I do have to say that I don't really like the quality my pictures are coming out after being squished by the photo hosting...:(
~General Finn

Got some tank pictures. Ok these are really nice pictures that I resized to the forum specifications but still look like **** once actually downloaded so this will be my last post as it really erks me at the quality, I mean really the pictures from my 1000 dollar camera look like I took them with a 20 dollar out of a plastic case **** camera. And I would just like to say that I would never donate money to a site that takes my beautiful pictures and makes them look like this. I don't know how some people have their pictures look good on here but to me it's way too frustrating to have my wonderful pictures look like they do on here. I'll stick to my photography website. So Good luck with your oxy's everyone. PEACE ~General Finn

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
You take beautful photos, such as the close ups of the gills and feet. However, its a pity you took to this website in such a negative light. It would have been more constructive if you voiced your ideas with some friendly suggestions rather parting with the abrupt and dismissive post. :confused:

I'm not sure what you're throwing a hissy fit over. Your pictures look just fine to me.

Just a tip. Dont come to an imformative caudate website looking for amazing photographs. Although it may upset you, I dont think anywhere on this site does it promise 100% amazing quality pictures. Come here to share caudate and learn. If you have problems with info then complain, otherwise keep negative comments about pics less aggressive.

Woah, Ive never seen somebody do that. Im also a photographer with an expensive (and more importantly, good quality) camera with thousands invested in lenses that I take photos with, so I know where youre coming from.. I dont come here to look at spectacular photos. I come here to see and read about my beloved caudates because thats what this website is for, not photos (even thought they are appreciated). Anyway, you have beautiful axies. I would take out the grave l in the middle. It will cause impaction. I would take out the algae eater. He could also cause impaction and suck on your axies' protective skin coating and gills.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Mark

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back