British field herping

Joeo1507

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good old british herps! - probably doesnt compare much with you foreigners though :(

(these were in 2008 / early 2009)

Common frog, Rana Temporaria

Pictures20004.jpg

Common Toad (Bufo Bufo)

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

Another Common Frog, (Rana Temporaria)

DSC00198.jpg

Smooth or Palmate newt, I always get confused between them :( ( Lissotriton sp.)

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

And a baby one not long been on land I should imagine.

DSC00633.jpg

There were some pics of various slow worms but I cant find them, also I saw some common frogs in my garden the other day ;)

Tell me what you think.

no one inmterested :O

AW: British field herping

The adult newt is a smooth newt male ;)

great pictures! ive spent all summer outside in woodlands and not managed to find a single newt, so well done! tho i suppose thats better at night........

will upload some of my pics later - if anyone is interested in dormice here??

ive just realised thats a big common frog in the 5th picture!! or do you have small hands? :D

ive just realised thats a big common frog in the 5th picture!! or do you have small hands? :D

hah im 6ft 2 - 6ft 3 ish so i doubt i have small hands :p

it was a beast :p

great pic's makes me want to go see what i can find
in my garden:happy:

Good old british herps! - probably doesnt compare much with you foreigners though :(
Did I not read in the Sun the other day that "British herps are the best herps in the world"? And "bloody foreigners"? I'm not sure what else Rupert Murdoch is spoon feeding you there lately :).

i dont really read news paper too much least of all the sun it lies alot :)

thanks, this is a few trips combined, i wnna see pics of anyother british herps people have found

what like this italian alpine newt?

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 4,064
what like this italian alpine newt?
How common are they now where they are found? And what subspecies is it?

How common are they now where they are found? And what subspecies is it?

Alpines are found commonly if you know where to look, however ill admit that i dont think ive found one.

I now have a alpine (Y)

Just found your post...so here one Common frog Rana temporaria .

Attachments

• HPIM0344[1].jpg
    HPIM0344[1].jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 469
Cool nice brown colour :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back