Swollen bum!!

orangebud

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope everyone is well.

I have a little problem that a need some help with. one of my little monsters has got a bit of a swollen bum. I've had a look for an answer on here but still not sure.

I recently did a full refurb on my tank and after i got the monsters back in i noticed impy had a bit of a swollen bum. He's been a bit quiet since the refurb which is pretty normal for him, He's eating like he's never been feed before!!! So seems fine to me??

I think i've add some photos to have a look and see what you think, their not great as they were taken on my phone but it shows the problem

Cheers all

Attachments

• DSC00043.jpg
    DSC00043.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 759
  • DSC00047.jpg
    DSC00047.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 510
i think it's OK, they are his genitals, it's a male :D. I supose to be right, but let others comment.

Do you know the age of your axolotl? Depending on his age, it's possible he may have just reached sexual maturity recently.

panic over then, thanks guys

He's about a year old now, so i guess my little guy is no longer a little guy but a big man!!!

I'm so proud lol

Big balls is on top (his new name i think lol)

The one on the bottom is lefty (can you guess why?)

Attachments

• DSC00299.jpg
    DSC00299.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 683
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back