New member w/ 3 tiger sals

henslowsparrow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Emily
Hello,

My name is Emily and about 6 months ago I acquired 3 ambystoma tigrinum from the University that I attend. They were left over from a research project.....I happened to have an empty aquarium......the stars were aligned and now here we are. I referred to Caudata Culture frequently when I first got them and decided to join now due to my desire to spruce up their environment. I knew very little about salamanders when I got these guys and have quickly become enamored by them. I've been perusing the forums and am pleased to find so many of my questions about my salys answered. As I indicated, I am a student studying biology, my focus happens to be on birds not caudates but I don't discriminate. It's a pleasure to be here.

Welcome to the forum, Emily! It's great to have you.

Welcome Emily,
Great to have another Tiger enthusiast.;)
Richard

We don't discriminate. Birds are just feathered herps ;)

Welcome to the Newt and Salamander Portal!
I'm a big fan of Birds myself, but in nature-not in a classroom. I birdwatch during the summer and I have a pet Blue budgirigar parakeet named Blooooooo(the last 5 o's are silent).

Ok, I am trying to upload a couple of pictures of my 3 tiger salamanders. I'm slightly computer challenged so bear with me. If this worked, the first picture shows all 3 salamanders in a pile. They're a bit excited because they think I'm about to feed them. From top to bottom is Ivan Denisovich, Bess, and Porgy. In the second picture you can only really see Ivan Denisovich on the right and Bess on the left.

Ok, so I failed. I did, however, succeed at posting these two pictures in an album on my profile page. I'll have to battle with posting pics in the forums another day.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back