My First Mudkipz! :D

warpedmind41

Reaction score
Country
United States
I got my first axolotls today, and I am very, very happy about that. :D
The aquascaping is less than amazing.
I know it looks like there are rocks and stuff in there, but I wouldn't call them rocks, because they were small enough to go through my strainer I used on my sand. They just stick out and look big because the white and blue really contrasts the sand.
I'm gonna restrain it soon, though and add more fake plants and hopefully find out how to cut pots to have a little door so it can stand up and provide better hiding.
They are about two and a half - three inches, and currently in a 29 gallon tank.

axolotls005.jpg

Oh yeah, that cup has some food in it, I took the picture while one of them was still eating, so the cup is still there, haha.

MUDKIPZ006.jpg

This is Lady Gaga, my leucistic mudkip. She is beautiful.

axolotls003.jpg

This George Michael, my wildtype mudkip. :D He is very handsome.

axolotls004.jpg

And this is Lady Gaga getting her munch on with some defrosted blood worms. :)

I like your axolotls, particularly the leucistic.

yeah i love the leucistic.

that is a type that i want to get =)

Thank you very much guys! :D

It was primarily the leucistics I wanted, but I also wanted to a wildtype because I think that they are gorgeous as well. :)

I hoped they live very long lives with me! <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back