Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Alright

Niall W

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New member here so I thought i'd introduce myself :happy:
While searching the web for axolotl advice i was sent here, and it seems like a great site!

I'm 17 and live in the Cambridgeshire area. I've always have been interested in animals, and as such looking to study zoology at university next year.

Should be getting my first Axolotl in a few weeks after researching for a good month on how to keep them. I've already got the basic know how of aquariums as i've got another planted (tropical fish) tank that's been running for a few years now.

At the moment the Axie tank is cycling, and i'll be testing it for Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates every 5 days or so.
It's a 70 - 80 litre tank, 62cm (length x 40cm (width) x 40 (depth). Though i'm planning on upgrading to a larger tank (longer) when funds become available.

Fire away with questions if you like,

So yeah, hello :happy:

Dragonbeards

Reaction score
Welcome to Caudata.org. I think we'll get along well, I plan on becoming a Zoologist as well! Be sure to post pictures of your axies when you get them :p

Niall W

Reaction score
Ah awesome :happy:
Seems like a really cool forum, not many where you have actual experts answering your questions.

I'll definitely be posting pictures later. I'm planning on setting up another thread for idea's for the tank, so i'll do a running series as it develops and the Axie moves in : )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!