The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 16th December 2009   #1
jerremie

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: jerremie has started on the right path
Default New 2 Newts in Denver

Hi, my name is Jerremie and I've been keeping tropical and cool water fish off and on over the past 30 years. I'm originally from Iowa but have been in Boulder/Denver Colorado for the past 17 years. Lately, as I have been able to consolidate tropical tanks little by little, I have been replacing them with cool water species in order to be a little more environmentally conscious with my energy use. Newts seemed like a perfect fit ( as long as I can keep them cool over the summer.)

Yesterday I received a shipment of 10 two inch Cynops Cyanurus from Jennewt (THANKS JEN!!! You're the best.) I chose them because they are a little more heat tolerant than some other newts which should make it easier to meet their needs in the summer with just the regular airconditioning in the house. Needless to say, I'll have lots of questions. I've been lurking here the past few weeks reading up on the newts and have now finished all the articles in Caudata Culture. Thanks so much to all of you who contributed to those articles and post here regularly... you're doing newts everywhere a huge service.

--jerremie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newtPile.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	8780  

jerremie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2009   #2
Justin
(Greatwtehunter)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 298
Comments: 24
Rep: Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11Greatwtehunter goes to 11
Default Re: New 2 Newts in Denver

Welcome to the forum Jerremie! I have some cyanurus from Jen as well and I must say, they are a wonderful little newt.

Old 18th December 2009   #3
Tyler
(petlover516)

Nationality:
Comments: 2
Rep: petlover516 has shown reliable knowledgepetlover516 has shown reliable knowledge

Welcome!

petlover516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2009   #4
Jose
(axolotlgangster)
Axolotl Enthusiast

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 1
Comments: 11
Rep: axolotlgangster has started on the right path

Welcome to the forum it's nice to see another coloraden here.

Old 18th December 2009   #5
jerremie

Nationality:
Comments: 0
Rep: jerremie has started on the right path

Thanks everyone :) Axie Gangster: I didn't know there were any others from colorado here, cool! Looking forward to getting to know everyone little by little. I have so much to learn!

jerremie is offline   Reply With Quote