The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Introductions Area Where new members introduce themselves.

Old 30th December 2009   #1
Claire Peterson
(cxp845)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: cxp845 has started on the right path
Red face Return of Axolotl Lover, Birmingham, England

Hi all

I have been away for a long time, both from the forum and from the hobby. I used to be the proud keeper of golden albino, melanoid, wild type and melanoid albino axolotls but am axy-less now.

I have had some experience of breeding and have successfully raised two full clutches of eggs (~400 offspring each). This was a fantastic experience but incredibly costly and time consuming and not something I would recommend to any sane person. A few of the lovely offspring were kept, some went to forum users and the vast majority to a local aquatics wholesaler. Such a feeling of empty nest when he came to collect!

Unfortunately I am without axolotls at present. I would really love to obtain a small clutch of eggs to provide a small number of different axolotl colours again. I particularly miss my melanoids but will not be in a position to do this until April onwards next year.

Until then, I will lurk and try to post a little (always was pretty quiet on the forums) :-)

Best regards

Claire

cxp845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009   #2
Julia
(bellabelloo)

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 19
Comments: 13
Rep: bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11bellabelloo goes to 11
Default Re: Return of Axolotl Lover, Birmingham, England

Welcome back Claire.

bellabelloo is offline   Reply With Quote