Dean's Axolotls

Dean

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here are some picures of my tank and axies
My name is Dean and I am 9 the tank with the sand is what it is like now my black axie is Freddy I have had him since about October and the yellow one is frankie and my other one who is fat is Fiesty they were my crismas present he is not well at the moment their group name is the F Agents What do you think of the tank and axies? mum just said I have to many in the tank she was on here trying to help fiesty who is sick hei is in the frige. Thank you to the people that are helping her.:happy:

Attachments

• deans 001.jpg
    deans 001.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 220
  • deans 003.jpg
    deans 003.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 213
  • deans 009.jpg
    deans 009.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 194
  • deans 005.jpg
    deans 005.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 238
Hi dean, i too have 3 axolotls. A gold, a wild and a white. And mine too have F names. Finley, Florence, and Freddie. I think the two you have in there are fine for now. But will need an upgrade before they get any bigger. I hope fiesty gets better soon. Mel

Thanks i hope fiesty gets better to mum is trying to do every think to help. from dean:D ps i think the picture of your axie is awsome wat is it's name?

Last edited:
Hi Dean,

you and your mom are doing a fine job. You are taking much care of your axies and it´s a pity that you got an ill axie at the beginning. I hope Fiesty will recover soon, so that you will have much fun with your cute little pets. They are so adorable!

Greetz, Tina

The gold one in my pic is called Freddie. If you look at my profile you'll see some pictures of my others. Mel

hi tina thank you for helping my mum she has told me about you how many axies have you got?:cry: i am very sad at the moment every think remind me of fiesty and i get sad when i think of him

Hi Dean and welcome to the forum.
I have 3 axolotl too. They are all male. Jeffrey is a wild type, Bruce is his son is a melanoid ( black) and Captain is gorgeous leucistic (white) with a freckly nose. I am looking forward to reading more about your axolotl gang.

Hi Dean,

do you really want to know how many axies I have?;)
Well, take a big cup of cacao and make yourself comfortable. Here we go :D

600l tank:
Axelinchen, leucistic female, I got her for birthday some years ago
Gollum, wild-type male
Galadriel, golden albino female
Aragorn, golden albino male
Elrond, melanoid male
Elanor, melanoid female
Sonntag (german and means sunday), leucistic male, son of Axelinchen and Gollum
Albinochen, Albino female (I rescued her from a bad home one year ago)

120l tank:
Nimrodel, copper female
Legolas, copper male

60l tank:
Arwen, copper female (she has to live alone, because she had startet to morph long time ago, but she couldn´t bring it to the end. So she still lives in water.)

112l Tank:
Timmy, wild-type male, very light grey (I rescued him 2 years ago from a bad home)
Candy, wild-type male, son of Galadriel and Gollum

260l tank:
Bläschen, leucistic female, daughter of Galadriel and Gollum
Baby, leucistic female, daughter of Axelinchen an Gollum
Gandalf, leucistic male, son of Galadriel and Gollum
Lüftchen, wild-type male, son of Galadriel and Gollum
Milka, leucistic male (I rescued him from a bad home)
Phoenix, leucistic male (I rescued him too)
Wildi3, wild-type female

And I have at the moment 9 juvenile axies (12-13cm), 3 wild-type, 5 leucistic and 1 golden albino. They live in a 120l tank.

Furthermore I´m housing 2 juvenile Neurergus kaiseri named Pünktchen and Anton and 4 Laotriton (in earlier times Paramesotriton) laoensis named Lao, Leo, Lio and Last-laos.

Last but not least: 4 male cats and their names are Whitey, Makai, Leon and Shadow.

Now, you know my family :D

Greetz, Tina

Hi Dean,

My gang:

Luke, a leucistic
Leia, a melanoid
Eowyn, a wildtype (my avatar picture)
Eomer, a wildtype
Jade, a wildtype
Rose, an albino
ATAV (All Terrain Attack Vehicle :rolleyes:), a wildtype (light copper shade).
Merry, a golden albino.
Pippin, a melanoid
Aranae, a melanoid. She's an unusual light purple-olive colour and a tad camera shy, lol. I have no photos of her (as yet!).

And finally, a very young melanoid juvenile with no name at present (can't find one that suits).

hi tina, thats awsome how you have so many axies my bedroom isnt big enough for that many we think fiesty is getting better from dean

hi jacqui, thats cool you have so many from dean

Wow tina 600l tank now thats what i'd love to own n just a quick question may sound silly but how do you feed all your axies ...... must get a lil pricey at times wouldnt it...

@ vladimere: in winter it´s a little bit pricey when I have to buy the food for my juvies (daphnia, bloodworms, white worms, tubifex, etc.), but for the adults I have my own "wormery" and tanks for guppies and shrimps. In summer I catch the food from my garden.:happy:

@Jacquie: some of your axies are "lord of the ring stars", too .......like mine.:D

Tina

Hi Dean!
Looks like you are doing a great job with your gang! Best of luck with Fiesty! You're so lucky your mom let you have them! Now with kids of my own - close to your age, we have a houseful - awesome pets aren't they?! We have 6 - the two pictured w/my name are Sphynx and Nefertiti. Nefertiti used to be Tut but Callina wisely corrected me by pointing out that she was really a girl! The other 4 are still very young and not yet named. Keep sending pics! Shannon

hi dean

you have some beautiful axies......i have 1 axie (abby), i cat missie (she is 21 years old this year) and 5 kids.....keep your chin up sunshine.....
lea

Your Axolotls are very nice looking, And you are all going to grow up together!! I have two a albino called Skully and a white with a freckly face called Mulder

Your tank looks really nice and spacious you are very lucky to have such generous parents!

Keep us all posted on how you are doing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back