Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

China Herping in April

AaronK

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Hello
I am heading to China in April of this year. Do any members know if this is a good time to find caudata and where to Province to travel?
Would anyone living in China like to meet up and go herping?

Thanks,
Aaron

donny

Reaction score
Hey there,

I teach in Zhejiang province, Eastern China, but I have only recently revived my interest in herptiles, so to be honest I don't have any info for you.

I would however be interested to find out if you make any useful contacts, as most of my Chinese friends find reptiles and amphibians abhorrent! (though I think there are a few posters form China on here too.) You often find some interesting species in the pet markets here (turtles seem very popular), but I haven't been out in the field much at all.

Yunnan seems to be the most diverse area in China in terms of reptiles and amphibians, but by April I would guess almost all of China will have warmed up enough for decent herping.

Cheers,

Donny.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!