New pic of Fred and the crew

melfly

Reaction score
Country
England
Heres Freddie (the Gold) still not sure if he's a boy or girl yet!

And all 3 lined up for their photo shoot!
Finley is the leucistic hes male and Florence is the wild she also seems to be a boy lol.
They are all one year old.

Attachments

• Fredface.jpg
    Fredface.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 281
  • Fin Flo Fred.jpg
    Fin Flo Fred.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 295
They are all really cute :) i want to get a golden sometime. yours is really cute

They are so cute.

More pics of my lovely crew!!
Pic 1 Florence looking female and chunky (possible eggs?)
Pic 2 Florence after a dig in the sand!!
Pic 3 Finley and Florence
Pic 4 The ever so beautiful Freddie
Pic 5 Finley and Freddie
Pic 6 Freddies baby. Unfortunately I had an axolotl tragedy and quite a few of my larvae died :( I have 4 of Freddies babies left (the twins didn't make it)
And Fred laid again Friday!

Mel

Attachments

• Image0641.jpg
    Image0641.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 202
  • Image0639.jpg
    Image0639.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Image0637.jpg
    Image0637.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 214
  • Image0635.jpg
    Image0635.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Image0599.jpg
    Image0599.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Image0621.jpg
    Image0621.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 213
They're gorgeous, Mel! Florence has such a nice dark color (oh, sorry, colour...better?;) ) Flo looks female to me too. She does have that rounded shape seemingly.

They are all wonderful - thanks for sharing!

Sorry to hear about the babies, hope you keep us posted on the 4. This one has really interesting color.

More eggs?! What is it about the golds? They seem to be egg laying beasts! Shoegal's just laid more, now Fred, again. I think I need to have a talk with my gold, Nefertiti - or maybe my male, Sphynx! :D

hi mel

they are beautiful......freddie is pretty....keep the photos coming of the babies
lea

Thanks guys. I only have one Fred baby left now. But the new eggs are hatching away!

Florence is still very chubby but Finley has stopped dropping his stuff around the tank at the min so I doubt there will be any little Fin-Flos any time soon.

Had a mini heatwave here (well a bit of sun for a few days, we dont get much lol)
Big tank went up to 22-24!! So I ice bottled. But am now considering getting some adult sized tubs for fridging if it gets like it again this year.

Mel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back