Photo: My 3 girls

Guppidy

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Display Name
Anna
Hi,so these are my 3 girls. Apparantly, they don't go after the runt...

bhzs2atum5rx3zwm2.jpg

Is this Kerli or Chiquitita? Can't tell them apart without checking the tail scars.
bhzs3fhjqx32hl8ey.jpg

Kerli & Tita last night
bhzs3xqtxe7a1x32y.jpg

To nom or not to nom...
She nommed but spat it out right afterwards :D
bhzs4ngo9nyqetrkq.jpg

Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong...
...I am stuck, why can't you see that?
bhzs60onrrfceod7e.jpg

Püppi, nicknamed Uzi for being on hell of a guppy sniper.
bhzs6q926ghsftmmy.jpg

Enjoy :happy:

They are beautiful!

And just a quick note...that snail could be an issue..the albino spit it out thankfully...but as it grows, it's going to get to a point that it can fit in it's mouth with ease and will attempt to swallow it...could cause some issues.

Oh you mean as the snail grows? How fast do they grow? I work at a pet store, I can always switch my outgrown snails for new, smaller ones ;) Thanks for the warning, I'll be watching them slimies!

Cute! Would love to see pictures of your full tank too!

Oh you mean as the snail grows?

Lol, no! The Axolotl will grow. They look pretty small, so they will grow quickly, and as they get larger, sooner or later the Axie is gonna gulp up that snail and it could cause some major issues.

I see. But still, better get rid of the snail than of my cute pink little sausages :)

So adorable! I love the picture of the one stuck... hehehe :D

Thanks! It shows friends and a few pets that are no longer with me.

great great set up and your axis are lovely:happy:

Hello
Your axolotls are lovely!

How big is your tank it looks massive!
How do the guppies get on with the temp?

Mel

It's 120cm (like 4 feet?) long. The guppy's are doing great, only 2 out of 30 didn't survive the temp change.

Your axies are beautiful and your tank set up looks great! They are so cute and look like they are enjoying their home! I think I'm definitely changing over to sand!

Thanks ;) And yeah, give them something to walk on. I read that they totally hate slippery glass. I'm just glad this sand was pre-washed. Washing 68 pounds of sand myself, no sir...

Great tank, fab axies and wonderful photography -- congratulations.

That's a beautiful tank!

And yes, get rid of the snail.... I'd hate to see something unfortunate happen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back