Introducing Dee Dee

essexboy

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Ok here is our cool Axolotl Dee Dee or to give him his posh name Mr. Dee Dee Ramone.

This is the place where he spends a lot of his time.... got these rare shots of him poking his head out of his hidey hole with our new camera.

Managed to get his reflection in the photos thanks to the new camera. These photos were taken at night with flash.

Hope you enjoy the photos :)

Dean & Sara

Attachments

• Dee Dee 1.jpg
    Dee Dee 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Dee Dee 2.jpg
    Dee Dee 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 181
Cute Axie....but I would highly recommend...and so will everyone else..that you remove those stones as your substrate. (they are not only going to capture a ton of detritus of waste and excess food, but they risk impaction as the axie grows). You may think the stones are too big to be swallowed, but search around these forums and you will find horror stories of what Axies can ingest.

Cute Axie and I like that hide. Goldens do deserve posh names, don't they! A pic of the set up would be cool to see - always curious to see how others set up their tanks!

Shizeric makes good points about the stones - a swallowing hazard and hard to clean. Sand, tile, or bare seem to be the way to go. I'm giving up on stones all together - not for the swallowing issue - because they are a nightmare to clean!

hi dean and sara

dee dee is very cute....i love his hide ......
lea

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back