Country
Australia
Display Name
Ashton
Marco 'catching' an earthworm

Holiday150.jpg

Hernandez oblivious, lazing about above his Messerschmitt

Holiday147.jpg

Hahaha he looks like a fierce hunter! my albino thrashes like that when I hand feed but I think that is because she wants my hand!

Haha yeah, he does go for the fingers quite a bit, poor guy seems a bit confused about where the worm ends and where the fingers begin.

Hernandez eats very calmly and politely, much better table manners.

My leucistic is the same he just waits for food to come near him

Nice looking axolotls!
Is Marco a melanoid?

Mel

everyone on here seems to have awesome digital cameras! LOL! What camera do you use to take your photos? :cool:

That's a great shot of Marco! Love to see pics of their faces! Hernandez looks like he has an unusual pattern on his face. Both have really nice coloring!

My partner takes the photos, I don't get along well with technology. The camera she uses is a Canon EOS 1000D.

They're both wildtypes, Marco has a lot of shiny pigment on his top half. Hernandez' facial pattern won him a ticket back to my house, I just had to take him home once I saw him (I only went to the shop to buy filter media).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back