Photo: Who's a pink axolotl?

bunny27

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, here' s Piccolo. She recently had gill fungus. I treated it properly and now as you can see, she's fine :D. She's about 7.5 inches long :wacko:.

Warning: crappy quality pictures ahead. Sorry :p.

Piccolobaby.jpg IMG_8887_2.jpg IMG_8882_2.jpg
IMG_8878_2.jpg

Thanks for dropping by!

Wow that is really unique, my leucistic has some black freckles I wonder if they will be as dark!

Is your axolotl still pretty young? If she/he is, it'll probably get darker. Piccolo's freckles used to be light in color but now as she's grown, it's gotten darker. :).

Hi, Glad to see she's feeling better! What an adorable face! I have 3 lucies, hoping at least one ends up with that lovely coloring! (They all have some very light freckles here and there now)

Looking forward to seeing the remodeled tank too! :D

Awwww she's a pretty girl. Such cute freckles! :D

WOW! how clean is the bottom of your tank! :D

Beautiful axolotl!

Mel

@ dragonlady: Hahaha! Thank you! Yes, I will post up some pictures when I get the sand in.
@ Skilly: Thanks a lot!!
@ melfly: Thank you so much! I try my best to clean, especially those annoying floating particles. I will be changing the bottom to sand soon.
@ Tiffanymac: I know :D! Too bad it'll be covered in sand. Thank you so much!

Warning: crappy quality pictures ahead. Sorry

Actually, those are some fairly good photos, for web at least. Those freckles are so cute!

I find my axolotls are hard to photograph, since they like very low light, and cameras work better with lots of light.

hi buuny27
she has a very cute face......
lea

@ electronfusion: I know what you mean about the lights. I'm surprised many people including you like her freckles. ONe of my friends doesn't like it, says it looks like dirt sprinkled on her face XDD!

@ lea: Hi! Thanks Lea! You're very kind :) .

Well I think the freckles are awsome. It separates it from the rest of em!

The freckles look really cute at the moment! And I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about and I hope it's not, maybe it's just the picture quality, but her freckles seemed to be 3-D to me, especially in the last picture. I recently read a lot of posts in the sick axolotl section and the freckles reminded me of this thread.
http://www.caudata.org/forum/f46-be...62371-my-leucistic-axolotl-turning-black.html
Reading through it couldn't hurt, and your axolotl DEFINITELY doesn't look anything like the advanced stage pictures, but I felt it couldn't hurt to link to this so you can keep your eyes open.
-Better safe than sorry! And best is informed!

@ roycooker: Thank you! And I know right! It makes her unique :D.

@ Painisme: Thank you so much!

@ 10gallonsofcool: 3-D freckles, LAWLS! Yes, it's the quality of the picture, she was about to move in that shot and as you know, axolotls can never sit still for a second XD. And thank for the heads up about that poor axolotl! I don't think Piccolo's freckles are a case of a disease since she's had it for a long time and it hasn't spread anywhere, but I will definitely watch out for anything suspicious. Thanks! :D.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back