Our first Axolotl + Tank

endempire

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey,

Here's some pics of our first Axolotl, Mr Henry Potato Head Burke.

We're lovin him.

Attachments

• DSC_3414 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_3414 - Copy.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 450
  • DSC_3418b.jpg
    DSC_3418b.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC_3411 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_3411 - Copy.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 374
Hey,

Here's some pics of our first Axolotl, Mr Henry Potato Head Burke.

We're lovin him.

I love the tank and axie, what a wonderful name.
Axolotls have so much character, my wife and i love our axies (gawd i sound like the Queen, spose i need a white glove to wave while i say it) Stick with this forum even tho ive gotten in trouble in the last week its worth the effort. These people know their stuff tho some can be dismissed as forum grubbers.
Guess your a eastern stater as you wouldn't have come across as many problems as the miss's and i have had here in west oz.
Good luck to you and Mr Potato Head.

:smile:

What a cutie! I love the 2nd pic of him.. hehe smiling away :happy:

Thanks guys.

Yep Eastern Stater - Central Coast just north of Sydney. Currently headin into winter so tank temp is sittin around 21-22 consistently. Summer's gonna be fun - most days above 30C!

And yes this forum is sweet.

Max

What a pretty little axolotl!
The tank looks good, some sort of screen lid would be wise. An axolotl can, if startled , launch them selves out of the water.
If the water temperature is much above 20 degrees, blowing a fan across the surface can drop the temperature a degree or two.

hi
he is very cute and the tank looks great......the summer is horrible here im in queensland and i had all sorts of trouble.......ive nearly got the money for a chiller
lea

Yeh the tank came with a lid, but without it the tank sits a couple of degrees cooler. I should probably look into making a mesh/breathable lid.

And yes we've got a clip on fan unit on its way - should be here in the next few days.

Thanks again for the advice and kind words.

Max.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back