Photo: Couldn't resist today.... Kahlua has a new axie friend!

Skilly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Grace
I came home with a cute little albino axolotl today. :D I wanted to get one of the gold albinos the pet shop had but they sold them all before I could nab one. So I got this little cuttie instead.

He/she is kinda cool because he/she has a slight yellowish tint (especially in this lighting) but is a white axolotl and has crazy reflective eyes. Don't know on a name yet. I have been thinking Ghost, Luna, Tiki..... or something along those lines.

I also got a huge tank for my albino and Kahlua for super cheap! 4 footer with accessories and stand for 26$ :D the lady just wanted to get rid of it. I can't wait to fix it up and eventually put them together. My new little one will have to be sectioned off because it is so tiny :)

Attachments

• 100_8460.jpg
    100_8460.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_8468.jpg
    100_8468.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 100_8456.jpg
    100_8456.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 100_8470.jpg
    100_8470.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 175
What a nice addition! Adorable! See, you really can't stop at one!

Sure this isn't a golden? Sure looks like one. I vote for either Luna or Tiki as name possibilities myself. ;)

That tank was a steal! Love to see it all once you have it all together! Of course this tank will hold more than two...:p

hi grace

she is so cute...kahlua is going to love her new friend.....what about malibu for a name??? it matches kahlua well. shannon is right 1 is just not enough......
good luck with your baby
lea

Thanks Shanon! Haha no you definitely can't stop at one! Axolotls are addicting :D

I'm pretty sure its not a golden.... I saw the goldens there when they had them and they were very yellow and bright. BUT, this one does have a very slight yellowish tint on its face and back and those reflective eyes. So I'm actually not sure what it is. Haha. It changes in different light. I'll try and get a picture of it now when it doesn't look so yellow.:happy:

Thank you lea! And Malibu would be a great name! Good thinking. :D
Hmmmmmmm decisions decisions.

here is a pic of the little one this morning in different lighting. its mainly white/clear (hehe) but there is a little yellow on its head.

Attachments

• 100_8485.jpg
    100_8485.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hehehehe Shannon is right, you cant stop at one. Thought when we had our first one 7 weeks ago that would be it but oh no just as Shannon said you will get another and so we did lol.

I bought some through the mail a while back, tiny little things - 2 lucies, an albino, and a wild. Now nearly 2 months later, my pure white little albino (Osiris) is a beautiful shade of gold, looking like a miniature Nefertiti (my avatar) so you may still have a golden, just a "late bloomer" like mine!

Yours is cute and Malibu does fit - as in California - sun - golden...anyway, love to watch his/her progress!

@lea - "shannon is right 1 is just not enough......" Okay, your turn!!! lol

I thought Leanne suggested Malibu to match Kahlua because of some alcohol theme.

Maybe it is just a late bloomer. Time will tell! :D

And yes Malibu also follows the alcohol theme too. I picked Kahlua for my wild because I wanted to name him something aztc like or mexican. Kahlua is brown coffee-ish so it was a perfect fit. And Malibu comes in white bottles so it would fit the new one..... as long as it doesnt turn gold. hehe :smile:

it doesnt matter if she turns a bit gold.....phew it worked i wasnt sure if they sold malibu over there....it is fairly popular over here.......

@dragonlady....funny you say that im off to the pet store this arvo to get some earthworms and to see if they have any new axie.....i might be lucky

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back