Photo: The babies, well they were babies!

dragonlady

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Shannon
These are my 4 little ones who aren't so little any more. When I got them back in March, they ranged in size from 1" to 2" with my little wild being the smallest. Now 3 of them are over 3" including that little wild.

My albino was the largest of the 4 but on 3/31/10, he suffered an unfortunate accident after being caught under the tank divider that I suspect was accidentally knocked loose by one of my curious kids. He miraculously survived but his growth was stunted by my efforts to save his life (fridge time). I'm happy to report that he is thriving now and I look forward to a long and happy life with him in it! I put his story on his pic if you care to read it. Thanks for looking! :eek:

Attachments

• Horus.jpg
    Horus.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 278
  • Isis.jpg
    Isis.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Osiris.jpg
    Osiris.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Imotep.jpg
    Imotep.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 260
Your axies are lucky to have such a caring and considerate owner who I know loves them all Shannon:D

Adorable axies!! I really love your wild's gills! They look amazing!

hi shannon

they are so cute and they grown so much....they are lucky to have a mum like you
lea:happy:

I really love these pictures and how they show how far your babies have come along! Imotep has such a cute face!

Thank you, Wendy, Hotch, Lea, and tamra!

Imotep who started as the runt, is completely full of himself now! If he just catches a glimpse of me, he comes racing to the glass! He does have a cute face, if I do say so myself! :D

Isis and Horus look like mummy's little angels! I bet they know how to get what they want! It is great to see how Osiris has changed colour he looks amazing. Is Imotep one of Michael's? she has great colour It looks like Leeroy has similar colour...I hope so anyway!

Great pictures Shannon!

Thanks, Tom! These came from another breeder - non-forum. I got them at about the same size as Leeroy and boy, are they growing!

haha - don't know that I'd call Horus and Isis angels, they're really quite mischievous.

Imotep was the runt, now he runs the tank. Horus and Isis know who's boss!

They're beautiful! And I love all their names, so powerful! XDD!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back