Wenxian knobby Newt

Lizamphid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wenxian Knobby Newt care sheet wanted, or anyone with any tips on breeding

It's going to be difficult to find any info on that species. It is exceedingly rare in captivity. Don't follow the T. verrucosus caresheet, I think the care should be closer to T. shanjing:
Caudata Culture Species Entry - Tylototriton shanjing
Their basic housing and feeding would be very similar to any terrestrial salamander, such as fire salamanders, etc. In terms of specific temperatures or breeding techniques, you are in uncharted territory.

Ok thanks, I can ask the guy im getting them from how he has had them set up, but i was just looking for as much info as poss.
There an adult pair, will post pics later.
Also heard that they could now be extinct from the wild dont know how true this is , they built a dam on one of the lake anyone know if this is fact?
regards

They did not built anything and they are serious threatened due to people like you that support their WC. Sorry to say it, but that, is a fact. There is a common saying here: "Who tells the truth, should not be punished". If there were no more resources, but there are several people breeding and offering the hobby CB individuals...
Cheers,

Are they bringing this species into the UK now as WC imports or did you locate some CB individuals?
Chip

They did not built anything and they are serious threatened due to people like you that support their WC. Sorry to say it, but that, is a fact. There is a common saying here: "Who tells the truth, should not be punished". If there were no more resources, but there are several people breeding and offering the hobby CB individuals...
Cheers,

Thanks for your unproductive reply. You dont know me to suggest i support WC. i asked for a care sheet not to get involved with CB or WC. for your information they are long term captive

If they are adults, they are WC for sure. Since Capt. breeding started just 2 or 3 years ago and first juvies were for very restricted group of people, and only offered in caudate meetings. I don't doubt those are 100% sure WC adults.
Cheers,

My guess is they are Andrew Bakers LTC adults. They are not a new import.

If they are adults, they are WC for sure. Since Capt. breeding started just 2 or 3 years ago and first juvies were for very restricted group of people, and only offered in caudate meetings. I don't doubt those are 100% sure WC adults.
Cheers,

These have been in captive a long time, the guy is just giving up the hobbie so im taking them on. He may well of got them as juvs , they have been in his care a number of years

Well, my bad, I made bad judgements, thinking you have bought them from a store. Even that Andrews are WC from origin (he told me) buying to another keeper is not as serious as order from a WC based Store. Again, my sincere apologies for being too direct:nono:

Jorge

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back