Another cake - my daughter baked today!

Truffs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this isnt strictly about axies but the proud mum bit in me cant resist sharing.... i was banned from entering the kitchen this morning as my 13 year old daughter decided to bake me a cake (its my birthday, i hit 39a last year so guess i'll be 39b now lol!) she did everything totally unaided (curiously i was allowed to help at clearing up time tho!!) and the result was a lovely big hand made sponge cake with chocolate filling and 2 smiling axie faces on top!

I am happy to confirm it tastes great! :happy:

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png

sorry - after hitting 'post' i realised i probably should have posted in the gallery section - i blame it on a senior moment and eating too much chocolate today!

Attachments

• B'day cake May 2010.jpg
    B'day cake May 2010.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
That is adorable although it looks like it was made out of play-dough!
But I really like the simple yet completely recognizable version of the axie--she is a true artist!

What a thoughtful daughter you have! She is quite talented and a happy "39th" birthday to you! ;)

What a lovely cake, have a great birthday.

( I was born and raised in Suffolk too)

Happy birthday from a axie owner in norfolk

hi truffs
happy birthday.......your daughter is very clever well done.....mmmmm i love chocolate as well
lea

Thanks everyone - i had a great birthday and was so impressed that she made a cake without asking for help or destroying my kitchen! I've not eaten the icing axie heads yet - it seems cruel (plus i'm not overly keen on icing lol!) but the cake tastes lovely!

:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back