Photo: My gill-less Axy

Axylover12318

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is Pinky abnormal? Should I be worried? When I got him he had no legs either, and they've grown back since I got him, but his gills never have :confused:

Attachments

• axolotl 072.jpg
    axolotl 072.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 479
  • axolotl 007.jpg
    axolotl 007.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 481
  • axolotl 069.jpg
    axolotl 069.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 435
My Arthur hardly has any gills either,I have only had them a few months and they are starting to grow back,in their previous home they lived in a tiny tank so could be how he got his gills bitten off
axo002.jpg

Awww! Arthur looks much better :D Well done for giving him a lovely home.

Axolotl's powers of regeneration are truly amazing!!

Cute! what a little trooper :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back