Sunny and his tank.

Blaze

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Blaze
I have done some changes to Sunnys tank of late and thought i'd give you guys a squizz :)

0062-1.jpg

and of course some of Sunny himself :love: Check out his silly teeth >.< hes missing some at the front LOL
007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, I love the sign that says: Keep me cool. Sunny's a very cute axie. Are the teeth the black outline around his mouth? I really don't know. My axie also has that black outline in her mouth :) .

Sunny looks very happy in his tank and you have the tank looking great! I too love the sign! Is that his normal coloring around his lip? I have never seen that on an albino - Sunny is truly unique and probably just a little spoiled! ;)

@bunny, axolotls actually don't have teeth, hence why they hoover everything!

aw what a happy chappie. We have that white sand too and I really love the way it looks in the tank! And I love all the little axolotl footprints, it looks like a zen garden :)

@Shannon: Hmmm. But do you know what they have since when they nip at you, it does feel like sandpaper rubbing against you.

Sorry Blaze since the comment is off topic.

Hi bunny,

Sorry, I should have clarified..They don't have actual teeth but small little stumps that do feel like sand paper to us. These help them get their food into position before swallowing it whole. That's my bad. ;)

Hehe, I just call them his teeth ;)

Yes I adore the little footprints. The other day I had my hand in the tank and he walked onto it and it was amazing to feel his actual toes on my hand!

Yes I'm not sure what happened but after he got fungus and had to regrow the front part of his lips this black pigment showed up.

Thanks for the lovely comments and I can assure you, hes VERY spoilt.

p.s - The sign is from a box of mushrooms haha.

wow he's a stunning little guy! Sunny looks to be one lucky little axie.

I love the little pot plants, I saw some of those in petstock the other day and thought about getting some but i'm terrified of getting another snail infestation. My boys have big pots too they love them :happy:.

Looks great!!! Much better than that slanted floorr tile that fell on him that one time. He has healed up nicely. His lip and back look great. Wish I could heal like that.

Hes a very lucky munchkin :) Sunny doesn't mind the pot but would rather stay out and watch us

It did not fall on him by the way, he cut it on something else that I had to sandpaper smooth.

One more because hes such a cutie haha. I actually have over 1000 pictures of Sunny haha.

001-1.jpg

He does a fair bit of walking lol, I can't fnd one spot without little feetie marks hehe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back