Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: Super Gomez (This will make him a star!)

ted22

Reaction score
Got some footage of the G-Monster having a swim about hopefully it will launch his career as and internet superstar!

>Ed and Gomez<

YouTube - Super Gomez!

video was still being processed when i posted it, hopefully the quality improves by the time you guys see it!

ted22

Reaction score
Yeah i though he was looking abit lardy, im trying to ween him off daily feeding as he's getting to be a big boy, how would you recommend me going about the feeding? should I start with feeding every other day or every 2 to 3 days like the adult feeding schedual as i dont think he's fully grown yet? also at the moment i am just feeding him less for him to lose weight is there another way i should be going about this? like spacing out the feeding abit more? or just do as I am feeding a smaller amount every other day untill he has a bod like hasselhoff?

All input and comments greatly appreciated! I want to be the best axolotl dad ever!

Shizeric

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, he seems to be about the size that you can start feeding him every other day. You can keep feeding him the amount he is accustomed to, just every other day rather than daily. And I hope you are referring to Hasselhoff 15 years ago, rather than his current physique.

ted22

Reaction score
Of course! what a fine figure of a man he was! haha! Il do that then thanks for the help! is there any rough estimate on how long it takes an axie to lose a spare tire or two, like no. of weeks? or is it just really impossible to say, like most things with axies?

thanks again

>ed<

ted22

Reaction score
Haha no not my band unfortuantly its (hed) P.E strange name i know i have to warn you though, if your checking em out it might be alot heavier and more explicit than expected! They do have an unusual mix of funk, punk, rap, pop, and metal going on though so worth checking out!

cleverfiend

Reaction score
Not only is he very adorable but he's very active. My dozy axolotl tends to be bottom dwelling and doesn't move about (in the day) much. Smoothing over the sand and checking it the next day reveals that he walks about a lot but I never see him swimming about like this - which is why I love the video.

Thanks for posting :)

HMAxolotl

Reaction score
Awww i love Gomez and the way he swims, he makes me laugh, he is really cute... one of my favourite axolotls but shh don’t tell the others... lol... Thanks for the video really enjoyed seeing him go for a swim and i want to steal your tank it looks great :D

ted22

Reaction score
Not only is he very adorable but he's very active. My dozy axolotl tends to be bottom dwelling and doesn't move about (in the day) much. Smoothing over the sand and checking it the next day reveals that he walks about a lot but I never see him swimming about like this - which is why I love the video.

Thanks for posting :)

Yo Gomez never used to swim about much with the light on but since i got this nice moonlight bulb it doesnt bother him I dont think he even notices its on!

Keep checkin up here gomez has been going nuts this morning so did another video im uploading right now!

littlelegs83

Reaction score
Hi Ed
Gomez is awesome!!!! My axie is called Sid and he looks alot like Gomez, but he barely moves. Any tips for stimulating him and making him move a bit more?

Claire

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1