Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axie thrashing about upside down

Tan160581

Reaction score
Dont know what is happening in my tank, but today my axie for about 5 mins was upside down and trashing around, was he playing or is something wrong x

BethanyKate

Reaction score
Did you frighten him or touch him? And was he on the bottom of the tank or floating

Tan160581

Reaction score
I didn't do anything. I was on my laptop and just noticed him doing it, was very weird. I am just worried what is going on as one of my other axies died yesterday with bloating, and tank reading is fine and temp is fine, ??

Last edited by a moderator:

Tan160581

Reaction score
Sand at bottom of tank and I feed blood worm, a cube and a half every day between 3 axies now. That is what I was told to feed them at the pet shop I got them from

Last edited by a moderator:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1