Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Proj. White sensation

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the work of some days.
I call it white sensation for obvious reasons... Didnt come up with nothing different xDD. Hope you guys enjoy like i did when was taking these pics.:wacko:
Sadly photobucket steals much of the quality but what can we do about that....:dizzy:

Tylototriton shanjing:
whitesensatie21.jpg

whitesensatie20.jpg

whitesensatie17.jpg

whitesensatie12.jpg

whitesensatie7.jpg

whitesensatie2.jpg

Ambystoma marvotium melanostictum:
whitesensatie.jpg

Ambystoma maculatum:
whitesensatie9.jpg

whitesensatie14.jpg

whitesensatie19.jpg

Ambystoma opacum:
whitesensatie15.jpg

whitesensatie4.jpg

Ambystoma talpoideum??
whitesensatie13.jpg

whitesensatie8.jpg

Salamandra s. gallaica:
whitesensatie23.jpg

whitesensatie10.jpg

whitesensatie5.jpg

Taricha granulosa:
whitesensatie6.jpg

whitesensatie16.jpg

whitesensatie11.jpg

Neurergus kaiseri:
whitesensatie22.jpg

whitesensatie18.jpg

Thanks,

Jorge

evut

Reaction score
Amazing photos, Jorge. They're putting me off participating in the calendar competition... :D

By the way, what are the red markings on the Salamadra?

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you.

Eva enter the competition! I will not enter this year so I will not use these pics.
Janusz what you mean? They had to be worked since i shooted in another format than JPEG. To you see them, you must edit anything in them, thats what i did of course. About the juvie he was really relly in contact with adult if its that you ask.
Cheers,

Nathan050793

Reaction score
Those are some really fantastic photos! I love the shots of the shanjing.

The ones that you thought might be A.talpoideum look like juvenile A.opacum to me. Usually they take a while to develop the full, adult coloration.

Last edited:

eriku

Reaction score
Amazing!! I think you captured most of my favorites too! Can I use these as my desktop picture??

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Thinks you both. eriku: You can use them as long as you don't publish them in internet. I will not get insane about that no worries.

Nathan: The worst is already confirmed, yes they are in fact opacum juvs.
cheers,

Jorge

evut

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the juvies turned out to be a species you already have...but they are beautiful!
Hopefully you can get them to breed when they've grown :D...I'd love to get Abystoma opacum in the future!

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
I have already a fully grown adult pair that shall breed when the conditions may be favourable. No need for these guys to grow. Anyway they are still ambystoma witch are somewhat hard to breed:rolleyes:. Only time, can tell:rolleyes:

cheers,

Jorge

Allistor

Reaction score
Awsome photos Jorge! That one with a Ambystoma opacum and still some dirt after the photo editing is really cool. Thanks for sharing and good luck on breeding those species :wink:

JWERNER

Reaction score
I really love these photos. I think I would like to use one of the Shanjing on my desk top as well.

Nice work!

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
That one with a Ambystoma opacum and still some dirt after the photo editing is really cool

Yes that one I did not even washed. If I did he would been crazy and difficult to shoot like the melanostictum :p. The number of pictures talk for their selves.

Jorge

KennyDB

Reaction score
There was in import of A.talpoideum in Europe wich all turned out to be A.opacum ;) You're not the onlyone who got "scammed", yesterday I visited a Belgian keeper who bought these "talpoideum" to.

I like the gallaica shots :cool:

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you all. Kenny @: That seems to be really bad. Some months ago when they were more tiny they looked way more blue witch totally convinced me. Thank God I did not purchase them. What a waste of money I would be suffering.

Cheers,

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1