John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Display Name
John Clare
Many of you will have noticed that the site was unavailable for the last 3 hours. This was due to a security compromise of the software that serves the banner at the top right of the site. The result was that an invisible frame was loaded by a third party web site. This has been patched and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any security concerns then I advise you to run a scan of your computer for malware using a free scanner, such as this one offered by Sophos: Free Security Scans - Scan your computer or network for viruses, spyware, adware and other threats

Just another notice - I have also performed some other software upgrades to the site. As a result I will be doing a complete server backup tonight, which will mean unavailability of caudata.org for several hours.

Thank you!

Hopefully that site will be able to remove the virus that infected my home computer......

Thanks for the information John, this virus absolutely decimated my lap top last night.

I hope no one else was affected as bad as I was!

Google Chrome blocked the third party scripting for me.
I'd advise anyone to use: Malwarebytes have used it for many clients when I was in a support role, its the best out there as far as I am concerned.

In an ironic twist, it turns out that one of my computers (not the one I use regularly) was compromised by the same hack but from dendroboard.com. Someone has been using my stolen facebook password to post messages.

Guys if you use a combination of spybot and some freeware ant-virus then you should be good. You will be amazed what spybot can find. I'm a IT geek so I'd be happy to help anyone with problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back