Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My axolotl tank.

Crysta

Reaction score
crysta-albums-axolotls-picture11610-a.jpg

This is moomin's tank atm. I'd appreciate any advice on making it more aesthetically pleasing :)
Particularly regarding the plastic terrarium plant I'm using to reduce filter flow (Is their anything a little less - ugly)
And perhaps some practical suggestions? :)

I'd like to get some nice aquascaping going on in there.
also, here is my Moomin
crysta-albums-axolotls-picture11562-moomin-hiding-out-filter.jpg

sek

Reaction score
Try build a spray bar to cover the filter outlet. Make it with a piece of plastic tubing and tie it to the back of your tank, drill small holes in the plastic along the tubing so the water can come out. Works a treat. If you need any more details on that, send me a PM.

Your tank looks great by the way, and as AJ stated, he probably needs a darker side too.

Crysta

Reaction score
About the hide, it's actually pitch black in the back right corner - I have a light shining from the top and sides of the plant so I can actually take a photo, I never have the lights on at any other time. I'm planning on getting some floating plants which should provide some more escaping ^^

I've actually got a spray bar from a 50Gal filter, do you think If I cut it in half, used that - it'd be ok?

thanks guys - i'll look into getting something with more of a roof.

Crysta

Reaction score
@Daz that's a great idea! If I got a nice dark one it'd prevent any light reflecting back into the tank aswell =D

You can see around the tank a little more on a video I made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVOojYczdbE (light's on again)

I'm going to get started on a make shift spray bar right away, tons of airline lying around XD.

I'll update with pics, when I get things sorted on it =]

Last edited:

Crysta

Reaction score
Niether of mine do, but I can give moomin a wax worm every week and a half or so. As long as it looks like it's wiggling anyway xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!