Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

This is cookie our newest family member

lea

Reaction score
hi everyone

I would like to introduce our newest family member Cookie. We have had her(I think she is a girl anyway.) for 2 weeks now and she is a little trooper. I dont know how old she is ...guesses anyone?? She loves earthworms and feeds very well from tweezers (she is still a bit scared of my hand).

There is some larger gravel peices in the photos, she was on gravel in the pet shop and this is what has come out so far. She is on 1mm gravel now.

Lea

Attachments

• DSCF1212.jpg
    DSCF1212.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCF1211.jpg
    DSCF1211.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF1216.jpg
    DSCF1216.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 192

Blaze

Reaction score
Very, very cute Lea!

How long is she? This'll help with estimating her age. I don't think you'll be able to know the sex for sure until shes properly matured as I noticed she doesn't have any white toe tips yet.

Goodluck with the little one,

Blaze & Sunny.

dragonlady

Reaction score
Cool! I was hoping you'd be posting pics soon! A little bird mentioned you would be! ;)

I agree with Blaze, this one still looks to be on the younger side (less than a year). Abby looks huge now! How about a updated pic of him? :D

Cookie is quite a looker! Is it a trick of the camera, or does "she" have two tones of gray happening along her sides? I hope that's real, that's awesome!

lea

Reaction score
Yeah it is real when i first saw it I thought she had a problem with her skin. Abby is acting as if she is a girl;).

lea

Reaction score
Yeah it is real when i first saw it I thought she had a problem with her skin. Cookie is about 15cm long. Abby is acting as if she is a girl;). She is shorter but rounder that Abby. Abby was hiding when i was taking photos last night but I got 1.

Attachments

• DSCF1204.jpg
    DSCF1204.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 191

dragonlady

Reaction score
Well, let's hope that Abby is more accurate than my Sphynx. Sphynx convinced me that Cool was a girl...a couple of months later, it has become apparent that Sphynx lied to me! :D

I think she's still a bit too young to know for sure. I'm just glad that Abby has a friend now! ;)

Abby really needs to work on not being so camera shy!

sek

Reaction score
Cookie is a darling! It's funny how some axies hate cameras and others don't. My axie Sek hides and Alonzo poses (clearly seen in my avatar)

lea

Reaction score
thanks sek....that is a great photo of Alonzo. I love his colour.

Skilly

Reaction score
Yay Lea got another cutie!!!! I know I haven't been on here in ages! My computer is broken..... booooo. But she is so cute Lea! I'm glad you gave in and got another :D
Pretty little axie:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1