Photo: My "Pokemons"

VERY cute!!! They look super happy! :D If you don't mind me asking... where did you get the sand? In my area I am having trouble finding sand as nice as that! I don't want to have to pay $50 dollars to ship a 50 pound bag of sand either though...

Pool filter sand works pretty well! Local Leslie's pool shops are really cheap. 50lbs for around 20 dollars.

That sand looks great. Very cute axies!

Thanks for compliments on the sand! :) I got it at the local aquarium store where I live in Copenhagen (avatar info is a bit off). Picked the finest grains I could find and also looked good, and was quite happy with the outcome! The aquarium store have Malawi Cichlids as their speciality so that might explain their wide variety of rock/sand/gravel.

I hope they are happy, and I do like to think they have a happy behaviour. Even though since these are my first Axies it's a bit hard to tell for me whats normal happy behaviour, hehe :)

Sadly one of them do have gravel in his stomach atm :( so that is giving me a bit of grief, but I hope it will pass naturally. He does all the normal axie things so thats goodie

My axies sometimes swallow sand and it all comes out naturally. So I am almost sure there is nothing wrong about to happen.
I love the yellow spots on your axie :)

Update 15 September. Moved some stuff around, moved sand and guppies have been living there for about a week :)

beate88-albums-tank-picture12262-15-september.jpg

Pokemons are still nameless, but we can tell them apart! One is bigger and have more featherly gills and smooth tail. The small ones have smaller gills, and before we got him/her someone must have bitten a piece of his tail! Rude

watch them guppies dont pick at the gills :) really nice looking axies and great tank btw :D

Ooh I always like the coconut hide things hidden between plants. :D Nice set up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back