Aneides aeneus-right place at the right time

KevinS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Probably the crown jewel of my field herping exploits-don't know how I can ever top this one.
4917959533_74f52475d4_b.jpg

4928227416_e1eb5536da_b.jpg

4928228384_2125dd2f73_b.jpg

Wow!
Brilliant shots, indeed. To be there at that exact special moment is definitely very good luck.
I would certainly enter the calendar competition with those!

Thanx for sharing, by the way.

Thanks for the screen saver!!

RUSS

wow. I love this genus... I doubt if I'll ever see that species in person but it is the gem of the aneides.

Great photos... This may never have been photographed before by anyone... excelsior!

It gets even better. I went back last night for an update:
4934949829_4b8c4b1a6e_b.jpg

4935543360_7004ba8a43_b.jpg

4935540530_b68f040905_b.jpg

4934947709_dd24e12226_b.jpg

I made two more unusual sightings while I was out and fortunately both are appropriate in the plethodontid forum.
4935545262_0f06d06ba9_b.jpg

4934955825_02a1902684_b.jpg

I wonder how a Plethodon ended up on the bottom of a stream?

Hi Kevin,

I just had to say these are amazing photos!! These are the shots that a field herper can usually only dream about! You must be in an amazing area truly!

I think the plethodontid "couple" and that last photo of all those babies should be contenders for the calendar (IMO ;) )!

Amazing... simply amazing! What a spectacular event to be photographed, the species is beautiful. I would agree with the rest of the members that these should definitely be submitted for the calendar competition.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Mitch

Amazing photos!!! How did that little guy end up in the bottom of a stream? I love it!!!

Aneides:D

Great photos. Your a lucky guy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back