Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: My Axolotl (Couldn't think of anything original, sorry!)

MichaelWB

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Firstly a massive thank you to everyone who helped me realise the dream of having an axolotl. Thank you to everyone who posted replies in my thread.

I took a few pictures yesterday and this morning just to show you guys. (Here is the part where you tell me, it's not actually an axolotl and I've been fooled by the fish shop!)

Introducing... Adeline

michaelwb-albums-adeline-axolotl-picture12042-adeline-her-flower-pot-its-bright-because-i-turned-light-just-take-photo.jpg

Here's the tank. I know it's a little bit on the small side but I'm already saving up for a much bigger tank! It will suit her for the next few weeks or so. It might look a bit bright, but that's only because i turned the light on, for the photo. The light is usually off!

michaelwb-albums-adeline-axolotl-picture12041-a.jpg

Here she is hiding in the plant pot, it's quickly becoming her favourite place. It might look a little bright outside but that's only because the room is quite dark to begin with! The tank is around a corner from the door so it's not in direct sunlight.

michaelwb-albums-adeline-axolotl-picture12040-a.jpg

And here's a (too) close up of Adeline. She has a really adorable vacant stare on her. Photo is a little bit blurry because my camera is only on my phone so the quality is not the best. You can however tell that she's an axolotl, so that's a plus.

So yeah, just thought I would share a few pictures of Adeline, my new best friend. She seems to be settling well and she always has a smile on her face. Big thank you to everyone who's sound advice made this farfetched dream a real life possibility.

Thanks.

blackdog

Reaction score
Haha ! I love the "vacant stare" reference - hey buddy, you try to have anything less than a vacant stare if you have no eyelids! :)

Good one, i too am getting a bigger tank once i saw my boys in their tank

Enjoy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!