Rho back at school

morphyrichards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Steve Richards
Summer holidays are over and sadly Rho has left Speckled Jim and returned to his tank at school. Here he is back in his own stomping ground ...

Attachments

• IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
:D schools in! Great creature to have in the classroom.

My oldist boy would love him :D He wouldn't get no work done, He would be too busy talking to the monster in the tank (my boy calls them monsters)

your axies got great colouring :happy:

My students loved mine - especially feeding him live food and watching him hunt it.

Sadly I didn't like the thought of moving him backwards and forwards in the holidays so he resides in his 4 foot tank at home instead.

LOL I do often find it difficult to get out the classroom when the bell goes for breaktime on account of curious little year 7's wanting to see the "big weird fish". Although during lesson times the aquarium seems quite useful, I think he has a calming effect and I sometimes notice students staring into the tank and pondering before becoming engaged on task.

Rho only comes home for the 6 week summer break and spends the rest of the year in school. For 2 week breaks I generally feed him very well about 10 days prior to going away, giving him a big worm every day. (as opposed to every 3 days or so) Before I leave I give him a couple of bags worth of live bloodworm (they seem to keep him going for a few days if I spread them around the tank so he has to hunt around a bit) and also chuck in as many cherry shrimp as I can spare from the other tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back