The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotl General Discussion Open axolotl forum: if it doesn't fit in the sub-topics then post it here.

Old 23rd September 2010   #1
daremo
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: daremo has given good advice and informationdaremo has given good advice and information
Default Space for two axies

Hi!!

I have an axolotl that it's about 18 cm and it's been like that for a few months now, so I guess he (or she) won't grow more, or not much more ...

Anyways, I went to buy some plants today and I saw these little lovely wild type axies and I am thinking about getting Aristarco a new friend...

I have a tank that's 80x40x30, do you think it can hold two axies (considering one is only 18 cm)?

And how big should the new guy be before I can put them together to avoid it being eaten?

thanks!

daremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2010   #2
Dolores/Alice
(Morrison)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 12
Comments: 4
Rep: Morrison has given consistently good advice and informationMorrison has given consistently good advice and informationMorrison has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Space for two axies

80 cm for two axies is okay. I would buy him a tank mate about the same size (but if it's 1 cm bigger or smaller it's not really a big problem).

Old 23rd September 2010   #3
daremo
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: daremo has given good advice and informationdaremo has given good advice and information
Default Re: Space for two axies

right! the problem is that right now the axies that I can buy are about 11-12 cm, so I would have to keep him in another tank and transfer him when he grows, but I guess I cant be sure of how much he can grow...

oh I'm so tempted to buy a wild type one now....

daremo is offline   Reply With Quote