Axolotl Costume

Skilly

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Grace
Hey everyone,
Just thought I would post a couple pics of my axolotl costume I made for Halloween this year. :D

Attachments

• 100_9069.jpg
    100_9069.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 7,799
  • 100_9135.jpg
    100_9135.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 5,674
Haha, that's brilliant. Wish I could have celebrated this year.

haha thats the best costume ive seen in a long time! looks awesome.
Halloweens not really anything big here in nz thought so jealous!

Hahaha Grace, that's fantastic! I love the gold flecks ^_^

Haha thanks guys! It was fun being an axie :D

And of course... you have to have the gold flecks. hehehee

lol - of course!

did everyone know what you were?

and did it mean you were capable of suspending yourself in mid air just by the tip of a toe?

Haha I wish! I wish I could have sat there in mid air on my tail and stared at everyone with a "feed me" look on my face.

Some people thought I was a mud puppy... same thing different country hehe

A few people that know me knew I was an axolotl. :D But most did not have a clue. lol.

hi grace
The costume looks great, you did a fantasic job. Halloween isnt very big over here yet, but each year it is getting bigger.

haha ha! oh dear this made me laugh! i just dresed up my axies tank alil for halloween. ;p as for me i was Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter since it was easy with my blond crazyness lol great job on the costume! if people asked what you were, you should have asked them if they knew the axolotl song ;p

Lol brill, I read your post too quickly and misread as you'd dressed your AXOLOTLS as Luna lovegood for Halloween. Now that was confusing.

lol :D Awesome!! Hope some people got what you were dressed as - very cool costume.

LOL. Cute... now that had to win some prize for being, "Most Original". :grin:

I didn't get most original but I did get cutest haha... can't beat a cute axie... it was the little smile i put on the face of it. :D

would you be able to put instructions for making this up please? i am playing an axolotl in a school drama production and this is the only costume i have found so far.

would you be able to put instructions for making this up please? i am playing an axolotl in a school drama production and this is the only costume i have found so far.

Lol is this serious? If so, it sounds intriguing! (Love the costume, by the way. That's what I call dedication to your pets! :p)

That's so cute! I have a hamster costume I was thinking of converting into a rat :) but I also have a white hoodie I could convert into an axolotl...hmmm

I wouldn't even need to sew anything to the hoodie! I could make a head band with the gills...put the tail on a belt...just...how would I do the tail D: I envy people who can sew! <3

Halloween is my most favorite holiday! well it's up there with Thanksgiving...so much food!

Cut a long peice of fabric, the size you want, including a fin-bit.
Sew the seams either by hand or using a machine, including a line along the fin-bit.
Then stuff it with tights, tissues or socks or cotton wool ( you get the idea), then sew up the end.
Then simply attach it to a hoodie or something!

TA DAAA!!!:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back