Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axie

onecrazyredhead

Reaction score
This is a couple of photos of my axie in the new tank the other one is shy or mad about moving but when i can get some good pics of the other one i will post them.

Attachments

• axies! 003.jpg
    axies! 003.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • axies! 004.jpg
    axies! 004.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 301
  • axies! 014.jpg
    axies! 014.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 721

Rhysmachine101

Reaction score
Also, your tank looks amazing!

When you get a chance, I would love to see more of what looks like some brilliant aquascaping!

How easy is it to clean?

Just, kinda- WOW!

Please more pics!!!!:D

onecrazyredhead

Reaction score
The tank was alot better till my bio fish ate all the leaves off some of my bunched plants except hornwort! Here are some pics of it earlier. They are GFP looking for a Golden one as well!

Attachments

• fish tank 012.jpg
    fish tank 012.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 588
  • fish tank 013.jpg
    fish tank 013.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,134
  • fish tank 011.jpg
    fish tank 011.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,775

onecrazyredhead

Reaction score
Here is the 2 of them.

Attachments

• more axie pics 003.jpg
    more axie pics 003.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 262
  • more axie pics 002.jpg
    more axie pics 002.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 249
  • more axie pics 001.jpg
    more axie pics 001.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 242

Rhysmachine101

Reaction score
Thanks so much for those pictures- they are quite inspiring!

As I thought, awesome aquascaping! Those axolotls of yours are also quite awesome!:D

Really well planted. You've gotta be happy with it :)

So do the plants break down most of the axies waste, or do you still have to do some spot cleaning?

Were those two hang on filters I saw in one of the photos? How do you find them?
Is it hard to feed your critters because of all the gaps the food can fall/wriggle into?
Sorry for all the questions, its just that it looks so good like that that I am tempted to do something similar. :) Any tips?

forester

Reaction score
They are both beautiful! If you ever have any offspring, I'd love to hear about it. Their color is amazing! I can do the same for you with my golden, it might be a while though lol! S/he's only four months old haha.

onecrazyredhead

Reaction score
It is hard sometimes feeding them worms with the tweezers some times they slip out and they fall right between the rocks. I have one filter bio 350 marineland filter with some sponges shoved in the outtakes to slow down the water and helps with the bio i suppose, also i have filter u can place how ever much carbon, zeolite crystals what ever i want to place in their for extra cleaning. It is also hard the use the gravel cleaner in their to put price u have to pay with plants everywhere.
I like the moss walls people are building and i thinking of making a coupling to put on the floor instead of the wall with holes cut out for prearranged plants. Just an idea for anyone!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1