Transporting axie to vet?

Noelleyyy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm taking my axie to the vet tomorrow, I planned to take him in a container, but im not sure the best way to get him out of the tank? I'm guessing when i try he will just swim away and thrash around as they do..
Could anyone give me any advice as to how to remove an axie from the tank? I'm sure theres a pretty simple solution because I know a lot of people remove their axie's for fridging and even cleaning purposes so if someone could give me some advice by tomorrow morning i'd be very greatful.

When I have to take my axie out I put the container in the tank and scope him up with the container. I have also have picked them up in my hand and put them in the container but I only do this when I have no other choice, when you touch them it affects their slimcoat which could let to more problems.
I hope your axie is ok
lea

i do the same as lea if i need to remove them from the tank!
i get the tiny fishtank and gently let it into the water and 'fish' them up in it ^^
no harm done to the skin and its less stressfull in my opinion!
with a net you can also damage theyre gills and skin even more so im not using that for sure!
ive you don't have a little fish tank (it sounds silly) but take a tupperware thingie after you rinsed it off in hot water! i think that will also work^^

i hope youre axy is fine and good luck!!
regards sandra

Thanks so much guys,

yes i have a tupperware container, I will try and scoop him up in it like you both advised, i dont want to cause him much stress so hopefully itll all work out easily.

If you find the tupperware awkward, try using a really big cup.

no!! not my morning coffee cup!! (and yes its huge and totally needed...)
and no im not thinking its weird or something! ^^ usually other pple do when im suggesting it :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back