My newest axolotl

iChris

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Chris
Attached is a picture of my newest axolotl, who is yet to be named.

just curious, am I right in thinking that it is a albino? or is it a golden axolotl?

I'm referring to it as "it" because I'm not sure if it is male or female, but, I think it is just about mature, as it has the dark tips on the ends of its toes (probably not too clear in the picture)

when I got it from the shop, he looked kinda skinny, so I have been offering earthworm twice daily (from my own wormfarm) for the past 2 weeks, and he has been eating like a piggy, I plan on continuing with this routine until I have fattened it up somewhat.

His tank is kinda bare right now, but I plan on properly decorating it very soon.

also, suggestions as to what I could name it would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Awh he's going to be a little cutie! I'm glad your getting the worms down him. What is it with pet shops under feeding their lotls?!

I'd say he was a golden albino. But I'm not 100% sure.

I'm sure a name will come to you soon. It just seems to happen like that!

Awwww (s)he is a skinny little one eh? Good work with the worms, you'll fatten him up in no time :)

Congrats!

Nice axolotl! As someone else pointed out seems a bit skinny, but I'm sure it'll grow up looking good. ;) I like its long face!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back