this is hella ^^

scaled.php

this is freya (she is a clownshead now)

scaled.php

my new baby of 9 cm a golden albino!<3
the other 2 are 15 cm so he/she needs to grow first a little bit^^
scaled.php

scaled.php

i saved the golden today from the petstore (same petstore where i got freya from)
i told myself i would never get 1 from a petstore again cause they dont take good care for them but this 1 just swom after me in a fishtank of 24 degrees with tons of goldfish and i couldnt resist it... im such an animal lover... he/she was swimming into the stream to reach me against the glass... i broke after months not buying the ones they had and they were always bigger than this 1.
he/she ate already some artemia and snapped at my fingers so i guess were gonna be friends for live ^^ <3

Last edited:
Great set up, love your tank, lucky axies! :D

Beautiful plants in there! And very lovely axies. "friends for life" indeed! So cute, i bet s/he is soo happy to be out of that pet store. :smile:

ty all for the compliments ^^
and yes s/he is rlly glad to be out of there!
and hopefully all my plants will grow cause most of them needs a lot of light and im gonna turn it down so fingers crossed :p
and i want a bit more places in it for them to get shelter so maybe im gonna build 1 with some rocks. (cant find the 1 i got in my head so)

Looking good Sandra.
I bet your axies, especially your new golden albino is loving life with you right now. Friends for life indeed. :smile:

yeah i just read you bought an albino as well ^^
hope she will do fine as well sarah^^
these goldie also dont have much gills left so im gonna keep my fingers crossed ^^

Never buy one in a petstore if they don´t take good care for them. This way you only stimulate the abuse of animals.

But they just look so sad & helpless - you just have to save them!
Though I do know where you are coming from, if you buy them, they will order more. :(

@sander : read the whole post or just dont reply plse.
i already said it wasnt my plan to do and i didnt do that for months. and i know theyll keep buying them and keep them in bad conditions. but for once this little 1 was swimming unlike all the others and i had a soft spot for this 1. so judge me on being an animalfriend but never ever try to say im encouraging animal abuse like im some sort of monster.
so again im saying : i love animals more than people...

Although I agree to a certain extent SanderB, seeing and taking home axolotl's like my own Hoshi motivated me to try and make a change with the care taken of the axolotls at the local petshop.

Since that time, there has been improvement. Fortunately they are a good petshop anyway. =] A lot of people who post about being ill informed by petshops I hope will return with the correct information that can then be passed on to the petshop owners/staff and in turn new customers interested in buying axolotls.

But anyway! That's a great tank! I'm getting tank envy on this site, I really am! You also have a lovely selection of colours. =]

Last edited:
yes i can understand a bit whats hes trying to say but its no point of putting it down like that when i said it myself already somewhere in the post.
ive got 2 axies from there now and 1 is already a big girl with her clownsface ^^
when i got her from the petshop i already made some problems with the owner and he said he was gonna fix it and it seemed for a while he did... than he didnt anymore... and now im done with the shop but i so hope this 1 will be saved... when i fall in love with an animal you cant talk me out of it and i wanna save it than or at least try to make a difference for the animal...
and for the rest of the animals he has in his shop hes very well taking care of except for this species.
but anyway thanks for the kind reply towards my tank ^^

I love your tank.....I want one like that
Freya has got the cutest little face...I love the frekkles.
I would do the same thing you did in the petshop if I saw a animal suffering and I knew I could do a better job.
lea

its like 120x40x50 cm. it can take like 240 liters of water.
my sand depth... oi.. it contains 3 sacks of sands of i thought 10 liters and still im a bit short.
cause the left side is higher cause i wanted more plants there and some difference between floors :p
and where the rest of the plants are i made a little mountain first so that they would stay put :p
ty for the replys ^^

w00t!! my golden ate the first little earthworm!! im so happy about this <3
s/he is eating well and i found some little rocks so s/he ate some in the petstore but theyre coming out! so hopefully s/he doesnt have any more rocks in the belly!

i was wrong about the little rocks... pooped out another 10 of those crappy thingies...
at least s/he can poop it out and now i want a normal poop...
eating and active and no unusual behaviour so im still waiting for the poop only so hopefully when i wake up tomorrow(fingers crossed)

ty and yes its a bit frustrating :p
im a bit to worried i guess...
s/he ate 3 tiny earthworms(over the whole day) so i guess ill get a surprise tomorrow :p
im still not feeding to much in 1 portion cause im a bit scared it will be to much in 1 time and maybe it will blockade inside something...
i just need to be patient...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back