New decor!

happycamper

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am finally starting to like the way this tank is coming together. I love the contrast of my new beautiful silk plants and the crocodile skull. I hope you guys like it!

IMAG0353_1297918826201.jpg

IMAG0355_1297918789916.jpg

Looks great! What type of fish are those? Is there only that 1 golden in there?

Thanks!

They said they were golden cloud minnows, and white cloud minnows. There is also a wild type in there.

Love your tank! Where did you get those plants?

And the background too...that's not just a picture background right? Where did you find that!?

Thanks guys!

No, the skull is not real ;) That would be REALLY hardcore!

The background is a 3D foam background I ordered from Designs by Nature
I had to cut it to fit, and it is super buoyant so you have to either wedge it in place or silicone it to the back of the tank.

The plants are silk, I ordered them from Amazon.com. Amazon.com: vibran sea The brand is Vibran-sea... I love them! I bought a bunch more for my 55 gallon turtle tank :happy:

hi nice tank first of all ^^
but arent you afraid the fish will nible on the gills? (not into those fish tbh)
and how many axys are in ther btw? saw the golden and its lovely ^^

I got the cloud minnows because that was the most recommended on this site. They are pretty scared of gonzo and judy, every time they get near it's almost lunch time! They are peaceful fishies. I have never witnessed any gil nipping, and they make a beautiful addition to my tank :)

I have 2 axolotls in there.

Looking good! I am still trying to decide on my tank decor! That is the only reason I do not yet have an axie!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back