Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help!!

hypno monkey

Reaction score
So never thought I would be posting this. Mypartner got up thismorning and the cat had knocked my axies small temporary tank over and the axies were on the floor (dont know how long for I left at 9am and she called around 11am and I rushed home) She managed to find Aurora and put her in to clean (aged) dechlorinated water at first she was hardly moving but now seems ok just a little stressed. She couldnt find Perry but when I arrived I found him under a wet piece of cardboard and put him into a seperate tub of clean (aged) dechlorinated water, I though he was dead but I left him in a dark drawer for a while and kept checking him and then HE WAS MOVING again, pheww!! however I know wer not out of the woods yet and am wondering what I should do now?? Oh yes they are both around 32mm and have been great until now.

Thank you in advace

Jade

mewsie

Reaction score
Oh blimey. That's the best thing to do and fingers well and truly crossed for them!

Reaction score
I had that happen as well. Curious kittens don't mix well with small containers with fun moving "fishes" - I have all my larvae up in the cabinet now. Keep their water extra clean. Hopefully since you caught them so soon, they'll be OK. Two of mine had broken tails and several others I think were just too stressed and passed away over the next several days, however mine were tipped over sometime overnight, so I was lucky any of them survived!

hypno monkey

Reaction score
a little update, been a couple of days now, they seem to be doing ok, got a small glass tank for them and put it in the larger one, they are now practically bullet proof. They have been eating well and perrys tail has straightened out. Fingers crossed they are okay.

Thanks
Jade

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1