Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Glowing large!

brillB07

Reaction score
from the time i got him ...till months later ;p
and some cool glowy ones :D

Attachments

• flaa 016.JPG
    flaa 016.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 370
  • talk 004.jpg
    talk 004.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 362
  • factor 030.jpg
    factor 030.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 409
  • factor 015.jpg
    factor 015.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 368
  • factor 026.jpg
    factor 026.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 408
  • factor 027.jpg
    factor 027.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 494

aquaman

Banned
Reaction score
Lookin good, I got to get me a coulpe of those glowing axolots .

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Be careful with using a blacklight. The UV rays can be damaging to your axolotl, especially a leucistic who has no melanin to protect from UV rays.

brillB07

Reaction score
yes! i had that explained to me in one of my last forum posts.

i seperated him from Trogdor's tank and put some agate rocks in his tank and was holding a huge "spot light" black light flash light over his tank to

brillB07

Reaction score
thank you guys! as for my last post i never finished typing since i had to leave fast x/

ahem* over his tank to take the fun shots ;p other than that there is no light lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1