Photo: Axie Stand/Tank Build

aymeh21

Reaction score
Country
United States
After lots of hard work our axolotl tank is up and running. No axies in it yet. I have been running the filter on my freshwater tank, but I'm going to keep an eye on the water parameters for a while before I make any drastic decisions.

Also, no background yet and the plexiglass top with the fans and lights hasn't been finished...but I'm too impatient.

100_2284.jpg

100_2289.jpg

100_2491.jpg

100_2613.jpg

100_2582.jpg

100_2582-1.jpg

100_2585.jpg

100_2586.jpg

100_2587.jpg

100_2591.jpg

100_2615.jpg

100_2638.jpg

100_2641.jpg

100_2642.jpg

100_2643.jpg

100_2644-1.jpg

100_2646-1.jpg

100_2647.jpg

100_2624.jpg

100_2627.jpg

100_2628.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures! I hope you enjoyed.

Wow!!! So much work!! You've done an amazing job!! Your Axi will love their new home!!

Thanks! I'm planning on one more hide out of PVC pipe and a few live plants added to it eventually.

Oh my god! I absolutely LOVE those coloury plants!!! Why do we only have the boring green/red ones in Belgium! I want pink and blue as well!!! It adds to the fairy look of axolotls! Does someone now a cool webshop where they sell these?

I've got the same, they are by marina if i recall correctly so you could look for marina stockist :) or try ebay :p They do look amazing though, I also have some yellow/blue/pink/purple/orange silk ones that look great :D

Tank looks amazing. I love seeing people put so much effort into their axolotl's homes. =] The first picture with your cat is also very cute!

I'm not sure if it's my dodgy eyes playing tricks on me or were there actually pink bubbles in one of those photos? How did you get pink bubbles?! All the multicoloured plants look amazing, I'm about ten seconds away from looking them up on ebay! =P

All the multicoloured plants look amazing, I'm about ten seconds away from looking them up on ebay! =P

They don't cost too much! Think I got all mine for about £8!

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure how the bubbles ended up looking pink, maybe just reflections from the pink coral they were coming out of...but I can't complain! :p

I wish I could of gotten by for 13 bucks or so..if my conversions are right. I think I spent around 80-90 U.S. dollars for the plants. :confused: I suppose it was worth it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back