Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotl First Aid Kit

memojo1979

Reaction score
I usually make up a 1st aid kit for each type of pet, so I'm not in a fluster if something happens but isn't worthy of a vet trip (in the same way as you would treat some human complaints at home, rather than go to the doctor or hospital), but never got round to making 1 for my axies.

So, I'm now cobbling 1 together + wondered what things people think are a must.

So far, my list is -

* Tubs for isolation and / or fridging
* Black Tea (unflavoured) for tea baths
* Salt (non-iodinised, is that right?) for salt baths

What else?

Star

Reaction score
fridge :p
good idea though, be nice to get a good list so we can go spend more ££££ on our weirds :D

Skilly

Reaction score
Maybe some almond leaves... I heard those are good for axolotls in a similar way as tea.

A 1 gallon plastic zip-lock bag per axolotl- in case of transportation needs- if they need to go to the vet or something.
I use these bags to move my axies around... they work great and reduce sloshing. =]

I think it is so cute to have a first aid kit for your critters :smile:

MereB

Reaction score
Cute idea.
I'd add
Some Cotton buds/Cotton tips/q-tips or whatever you call them for carefully wiping off fungus.

a couple 1.25 to 2L soft drink bottles for keeping dechlorinated/salted/Teabath water in, in the fridge for water changes/salt and tea baths while axie is being fridged.

That's about all I can think of to add.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!