Photo: My little guys

kmacfarlane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
It's my first post here. I'd first like to say how much I like this community; you're all so friendly and helpful! I did most of my research here and on axolotl.org before deciding to buy my two leucistics.

Here's a few pictures from my ipod (sorry for bad quality.)
The first one's Salvador, and the second's called Nikita.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    243.1 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 181
What lovely gills they both have! They look like two happy, chunky axolotls.

They are really cute! :smile:

Thanks!
Any guestimates how old they both are?

They look old enough to be adults so they are most likely a year old or anytime after that.

What cute axolotls! Welcome to the forums. :happy:

They look old enough to be adults so they are most likely a year old or anytime after that.

Really? I thought they were only about 4 months old. Thanks for your insight!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back