Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Photo: My new Tank According to every1 on Here :)

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Hey guys i just wanted to update u on my new tank setup :p i spent 80 dollars on they're plants and hides :) Hope u like it please comment if u do :) or dont :(

Before:
207211_201016266597780_100000682240506_606408_8232826_n.jpg

Now:
HNI_0025.jpg

mewsie

Reaction score
Nice! And happy birthday ;)

I like the tunnel... Are they exploring lots and having fun in their new jungle?

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Yea Mewsie Thanks again for the birthday wishes They seem to take to the wood tunnel :D and they really like exploring the colourful plants.... Think i took ur advise to head? :)

mewsie

Reaction score
Yeah! Birthday money well spent I reckon. Lol, I spend more money on my axies than I do on myself! Good to hear they like it, I reckon they'll be hanging out lots in that plant at the back!

So are YOU happy with it? :)

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Yea, I am Mews It always makes me happy to see my pets happy :p they seem to like the plants i think the plants will be good egg laying plants? :)

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Just FYI: that wood tunnel will start to rot pretty quickly. Terrarium wood decorations aren't made to be submerged in an aquarium.

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Its not for terrariums :p its for Aquariums its glossed and sealed so it doesnt get wet, thanks though! :grin:

iChris

Reaction score
looking good, those plants look ideal for them to hide under/between, and you'll find that they will start to exhibit more natural behavior this way.

I have a large chunk of twisted bogwood in my tank, and my axie loves hiding under it, and sitting on top.

Erzs

Reaction score
Sweeeet! I'm surprised you haven't lost them in that big plant in the middle lol! I'd love one of those actually it looks all soft and lotltastic! I think the reason the only friends I've got have gills is because I say things like lotltastic...oh well! Looks good! :cool:

vlcuXX

Reaction score
LMAO Thanks yea the big green one? They love looking at it , keep u guys updated when i see them climb it :D

mekkha

Reaction score
Wow that looks great! Good job, I'm sure your axies are very happy. Happy belated birthday by the way. :)

The Banana

Reaction score
Happy belated birthday! Birthday money well spent, it looks so much better. :)
I find my axies like the tall plants, and like to hang in them like little underwater monkeys. :p

vlcuXX

Reaction score
I noticed that too :p took a couple pics of em hanging on the plants, ill upload them soon ;) And thanks for the birthday wishes Banana and Melissa :) glad to hear its axolotl worthy :D

vlcuXX

Reaction score
Good to hear that its money well spent :) especially from you Eric , Thanks alot every1 apreciate it dearly :3

mewsie

Reaction score
Sweeeet! I'm surprised you haven't lost them in that big plant in the middle lol! I'd love one of those actually it looks all soft and lotltastic! I think the reason the only friends I've got have gills is because I say things like lotltastic...oh well! Looks good! :cool:

Hahaha, know that feeling!

I started a new contract away in London on Tuesday, and spoke to Scott at lunchtime, who was relating the woes of his second unsupervised attempt at feeding the lotls. The looks I got from my new colleagues as I was saying "You HAVE to get that worm out before it disappears behind the wall! No! I don't CARE if you get nommed at! You did WHAT? Arrrgh, you destroyed my cave?"

I had to explain myself... All my new colleagues want axolotls now ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!