Kweichowensis breeding attempt 2011

Joost

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Display Name
joost
Today I moved my 2.1 T. kweichowensis from a dry peat setup (with waterbowl) to an aquatic setup. A few weeks earlier than last year, 'cause of the warm temperatures here.
I put them in a paludarium (75 x 50 cm). I created a land-area with some lava-stones with sphagnum-moss.
Within a few minutes the female and a male submerged allready. After eating some earthworms they began their other hobby (just 10 minutes in the water):

YouTube - Tylototriton kweichowensis breeding behaviour 2011

Other pics and vids you can watch here:

Kweekpoging T. kweichowensis 2011

Thats awesome Joost! I cant wait to put mine into water! Im going to dunk them this weekend. Keep us updated.
T

This is a very nice video. Thank you amigo Joost for sharing your experiences.

Hi Joost,
Too bad I can not see the video very well, but good luck! You know if you have no room for all ...... lol

cheers

Best of luck Joost! keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.

I haven't spend much effort on this. From October till March they have been kept in a dry setup (with peat). Temperatures didn't get lower than 12-13°C in winter.

We'll see if I have offspring soon....

Fascinating music choice, Joost :D
They look lovely, i hope you get lots of eggs :)

Fascinating music choice, Joost :D

The original audio was screaming of my daughter, who wouldn't listen to her mother (who also was raising her voice). These are very normal sounds here, but to place the video on the internet, I'd rather have some music :rofl:.

ha! very cool. good luck with eggs.

Good luck ~~and my Kweichowensis's eggs are under embryonic development.I got their parents a month ago.Now,the eggs are under the condition of temperature 24℃.I hope to have baby soon :D

Such an amazing event! I am dying to see what is coming up next.

Anything to report? :D

How are the little buddies from previous breedings doing? How are you keeping them at the moment?
Cheers,

How are the little buddies from previous breedings doing? How are you keeping them at the moment?
Cheers,

They are doing great, are around 8 cm now. I keep them in a terrestrial setup of peat, with some mosses, corkbark, a few plants (Philodendron) and a little water bowl.

Attachments

• IMGP7299.JPG
    IMGP7299.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 374
  • IMGP7291.JPG
    IMGP7291.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMGP7294.JPG
    IMGP7294.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 296
Good luck with eggs.

thats so cool. love the music ;).. ha. i wish i had a couple of my own. :) they are my favorite kind of newts
Good luck with the eggs!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back