Photo: My axos

aeri

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Pics are in chronological order.
First pic was when I first got them 5 months ago at 3".
Last pic was taken 1 month ago at 7-9"

11giolf.jpg

2lifznk.jpg

29fb8y9.jpg

2s6reog.jpg

nlsnsj.jpg

16hn5hd.jpg

2gtn19e.jpg

2ljnolf.jpg

2j29sf5.jpg

10p9082.jpg

They are supersupersupercute :) and beautiful!
I LOVE the chubby wildtype!!:D

LOVING the wildtype trying to hide on the bridge, sooo funny!

Beautiful axies you have their! :D

thanks :). they grew really fast the first 2 months. now they're nice and fat. the wild one has a great personality.

here's a full tank shot

2v9yqn5.jpg

Wow, that is a tank and a half, Im so jealous, fantastic!!

Hahaha, i laughed so much at the wild on the bridge! They are beautiful, they look healthy and very charming!

They are soooooo cute mewsie! I love when you can see their personalities even through pictures.
And I am SO jealous of your tank. WOW!

They are soooooo cute mewsie! I love when you can see their personalities even through pictures.
And I am SO jealous of your tank. WOW!

I wish they WERE mine! They are Aeri's cuties!

i like the bridge too. they tend to stay under it more often than on it though

the tank dimensions are a little non-standard. it's 48x14x14 which i thought was perfect for them since they don't need too much height.

Nice axolotls. The white ones look really nice. I prefer more live plants in my tank but as long as your axolotls don´t show any signs of stress then this could be a good set-up.

very cute your axolotls, muy lindos tus ajolotes

thanks. not sure if not having live plants = stress, but i mainly avoid it as i rarely turn on the lights and the tank is in the basement with no sunlight.

new pics
2zji03q.jpg

jv2ixu.jpg

they look so chubby and cute i hope when i get mine that they grow to be as lovely as yours have.... do you know their sexes yet?...
at first glance i didnt even see they wild type hiding on the bridge....

they look so chubby and cute i hope when i get mine that they grow to be as lovely as yours have.... do you know their sexes yet?...
at first glance i didnt even see they wild type hiding on the bridge....
Looks like 3 males to me.

Hahaha, great photo, I hadn't noticed you had 3 lucies in there!

A proper 'get... the... camera... QUICK!... Don't... move... like... you've... got... worms' moment!

How do you tell the 3 leucistics apart?? Did you get them all at once or get 1 then get more coz they were so cute..

Also what is the tank sitting on? Looks like a leather couch.............. And what sort of window is that to the left? Looks like ur on a ship.. messing with my head lol..

i don't think so...i walked by and noticed they were already like that :0

that's what always happens...you'll notice that all my pictures are phone quality because i never have time to find my camera

yah 3 leuc and 1 wild. i kinda got them all at once. i picked up 1 leuc and 1 wild, and 2 weeks later picked up 2 more leucs from the same batch/tank.

it'd be amazing if i could balance a tank on a leather couch....in a ship.
the 'window' is a lid of a rubbermaid bin hahah

here's a zoomed out pic of the setup if that gives a better idea. the tank is in the basement and the stand is homemade.
2dgqg43.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back